Chia seed bulk purchases can save both your life and your money.
Your Health and Chia
Chia has been used as a health supplement since the time of the Aztecs. It is known as a "superfood" that provides many health benefits, including:
- Major energy boost
- Antioxidant protection
- Improved intestinal health
- High levels of omega-3, which is proven to aid in heart health
Chia Seed Bulk Usage
Chia supplements are typically purchased and used in one of three ways:
The seeds are great on salads, added in the place for pecans or peanuts in recipes, or simply eaten straight out of the bag or roasted as an afternoon snack. Grind them up and use as a flour replacement in some of your favorite recipes as well. The chia seed powder is a terrific on-the-go way to get a dose of much-needed fiber. Mix into your favorite fruit juice and enjoy. The oil form of this great supplement is sold in the form of a gelcaps, for additional convenient dosage.
No matter what form of this health supplement you choose, buying in bulk becomes a matter of saving both time and money.
Chia Seed Bulk Purchases
The more uses you find for chia, the more you may find yourself looking for ways to save money on your next purchase. Smart shoppers use two methods to stretch their nutritional supplement budget:
- Look around for the best price
- Buy chia seed in bulk
Fortunately, making a bulk chia seed purchase is now easier than ever, since many health food stores and websites now keep it in stock. To get you started on your search for the best bulk seed prices, try these vendors:
- Nuts Online - If your idea of healthy decadence includes baking, you are looking for large quantities of chia. At Nuts Online you can make your purchase in anywhere from single pound bags to 25 pound cases. Prices start at $6.99 a pound and are discounted based on how much you buy. The company also offers same day shipping.
- The Raw Food World - Searching for more than just seeds? The Raw Food World sells chia as a seed, flour, ground, and even as a cereal. You can also pick up the book Magic of Chia while you are there. Shipping costs are based on the cost of your purchase, which can add up to a huge savings when buying in bulk.
- Pure Natures - This company sells chia seeds in reusable aluminum one-pound bags. You can buy their product in lots of two pounds or ten.
Frugal Buying Tips
One of the best ways to save money is to comparison shop both at your local retailers and online. When making a price comparison, don't forget to factor in the cost of shipping. Trust me, the retailers do. If a local vendor is selling a pound of seeds for $10 and an online retailer is selling a pound for $7, if the cost of shipping is more than $3, you'll do yourself a disservice by ordering online.
Another good tip to keep in mind is nothing is a bargain if you don't use it. Buying in bulk means a bigger outlay of cash. If you've never used chia before, it may be wiser to buy a smaller quantity the first time to ensure you like it and are willing to commit to its long-term use. If you are unfamiliar with the brand or retailer, it is also a wise idea to order in smaller amounts the first time, to ensure the quality and service meets your standards before spending more of your money for on a larger order.
Bulk Means Saving Time and Money
By buying chia seeds in bulk, you can save a substantial amount of money in both shipping costs and direct costs, especially if you comparison shop. Buying in bulk also saves you the time it would take to reorder or go to the store and pick up smaller amounts on a more frequent basis.