If you're looking to boost your fiber intake, Garden of Life Super Seed is a great choice. The supplement contains only whole food sources, including live nutrients such as probiotics and sprouted grains. Together, the ingredients in this compound increase overall health and benefit just about every part of the human body.
About Garden of Life Super Seed
The ingredients in this supplement boost metabolism and provide the nourishment necessary for healthy digestion. In addition to promoting more regular bowel movements and a balanced gastrointestinal system, the nutrients in this supplement sustain the other systems of the body. In particular, Super Seed's fiber content benefits the cardiovascular system and the fatty acids from flax seeds support reproductive health in both men and women.
High Fiber Content
Garden of Life Super Seed contains almost 20 grams of fiber per serving. That's equivalent to about half of the recommended daily allowance for a diet containing 2,000 calories a day. If you consume fewer calories per day, then a single dose of this supplement provides an even higher percentage of the required daily intake of fiber.
Rich in Other Nutrients
A single serving also contains:
- 1,145 milligrams of omega 3 fatty acids
- 66 milligrams of calcium
- Two milligrams of iron
- Six grams of protein
- 70 calories
A single serving of the powder is about two rounded tablespoons, or 20 grams, and can be mixed into just about any food or beverage at room temperature or cooler. Consume the Super Seed mixture immediately for full nutritional benefits.
- Adzuki bean: This legume is high in fiber and protein, plus B vitamins, calcium, folic acid, iron, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
- Buckwheat: It contains the entire B vitamin complex, plus calcium, lysine, and vitamin E.
- Cinnamon: This spice has cleansing properties, stimulates digestion and helps the body process sugars more efficiently.
- Chia seed: High in omega 3 fatty acids, this seed regulates bodily fluids to maintain electrolyte balance.
- Garbanzo bean: Fiber and protein abound in this legume, along with B vitamins, calcium, folic acid, iron, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
- Flax seed: This contains more omega 3 fatty acids than any other non-meat food source, and also is one of the richest sources of lignans, an antioxidant constituent of fiber.
- Kidney bean: This legume is loaded with fiber, along with B vitamins, calcium, folic acid, iron, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, phosphorus, protein, potassium and zinc.
- Millet: Along with lots of fiber, this grain has a lot of silica, which is important for the nervous system, tendons, skin, nails and hair.
- Probiotics: Eight different live probiotics are included in Garden of Life's proprietary blend.
- Red lentil: This legume boasts B vitamins, calcium, folic acid, iron, omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids, phosphorus, protein, potassium and zinc.
- Sprouted quinoa: This has more protein than any other grain, with an amino acid balance resembling that of milk.
- Sprouted amaranth: The grain is high in protein, calcium, iron, linoleic unsaturated oil, potassium, phosphorus and vitamins A, C and E.
- Pumpkin seed: In addition to packing lots of fiber and protein, this seed is rich in calcium, essential fatty acids, folic acid, iron, niacin, phosphorus and vitamin A.
- Sunflower seed: Higher in fiber than any other seed or nut, sunflower seeds also have B vitamins, calcium, carotenoids, copper, iron, magnesium, omega 6 fatty acids, phosphorus, potassium and protein.
- Sesame seed: Along with fiber, this seed has calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, niacin, protein and unsaturated fat.
The Super Supplement
The whole food ingredients in Garden of Life Super Seed provide more fiber than most people consume in a single meal. The gastrointestinal system gets a lot of sustenance from this supplement, but there are so many nutrients that just about every part of the anatomy benefits. Few supplements offer so much concentrated nutrition in a single serving, and that adds up to a very healthy investment.