Garden of Life represents one of the bigger brands within the supplement industry. The company recently began campaigning its RAW-Digestion line as an innovative product to aid digestion and restore intestinal health. Garden of Life has certainly been proactive regarding the creation and marketing of unique supplements, and its RAW-Digestion line easily follows suit.
About the RAW-Digestion Line
Garden of Life's RAW-Digestion supplements draw their nutritional power from the use of entirely raw ingredients. Every element within a RAW-Digestion supplement is "uncooked, untreated, and unadulterated," according to company claims. These products are also free of binders and filler ingredients that may bulk up the volume of a product without providing any fundamental nutritional value.
There are a variety of supplements within the RAW-Digestion line, each geared toward a particular age group or gender.
- RAW-Enzymes for Women- This female-oriented supplement includes a broad spectrum of digestive enzymes with a primary focus on carbohydrate-digesting enzymes.
- RAW-Enzymes for Men-The male-oriented version of RAW-Digestion offers the same broad spectrum enzymes as the female supplement, only a higher concentration of fat and protein-digesting enzymes have been included.
- RAW-Enzymes for Women 50 & Wiser- The original female formula has been fortified with an even more amplified concentration of carbohydrate and protein-digesting enzymes.
- RAW-Enzymes for Men 50 & Wiser- This is the most concentrated enzyme formula within the line. It is fortified with a high concentration of both fat and protein-digesting enzymes and is claimed by Garden of Life to be the most powerful RAW-Enzyme product.
- RAW-Probiotics for Women- This supplement contains a probiotic formula designed to support both digestive and vaginal health.
- RAW-Probiotics for Men-Made for men, this is a probiotic formula crafted with a focus on physical fortitude and immune support.
- RAW-Probiotics for Women 50 & Wiser-A product geared towards even cholesterol and immune support
- RAW-Probiotics for Men 50 & Wiser-This formulation contains a probiotic formula designed to meet the cholesterol and immune concerns of older males.
- RAW-Fiber- This product is made of an entirely organic fiber formula containing both insoluble and soluble fiber to promote digestive health. This product is highly allergy conscious and is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, psyllium-free and relies on a flax and chia seed base.
- RAW-Probiotics for Kids- Made specifically for children, this probiotic supplement is fortified with inulin, a natural carbohydrate which supports probiotic growth.
The individualization within the Garden of Life product line relies on the concept that certain age categories and differing genders rely on different dominant strains of probiotics. This is particularly important for women who require specific probiotic strains to maintain vaginal health, which would be otherwise secondary for males. Dietary factors and a decrease in enzymatic activity due to age will be the factors that influence which product meets your specific needs.
Factors to Consider
Garden of Life has been particularly careful with its formulations to ensure each product is as allergy conscious as possible. Though not all of these supplements can boast a vegetarian label, this is mostly due to the fact some probiotic must be cultured within or derived from dairy sources. However, each RAW formula is entirely gluten-free.
Is Raw Better?
The fact that Garden of Life's RAW vitamins boast an entirely raw claim is no small matter. The care during processing to ensure none of these products are treated or cooked serves to guarantee enzymatic activity and probiotic viability. Raw foods are in their whole form and contain a natural bank of enzymes to aid their digestion when consumed. However, no Garden of Life product is FDA approved, and these supplements should not be used as the sole treatment for any disease. Always consult a physician before adding a supplement to your health regimen, particularly when you are already engaged in treatment for a medical condition.
Many Garden of Life products are carried by health food stores and supermarkets such as Whole Foods Market. They are also available online at various retailers such as The Vitamin Shoppe and eVitamins. A complete list of retailers as well as detailed information regarding the RAW-Digestion product line can be found at the official Garden of Life site. Each product is outlined carefully to include processing details as well as nutritional labeling and purchasing information.